Tuesday, October 25, 2016

My Children's Book, Ashel's Christmas, is coming out in November, next month!  I'm so excited.  I talked to the publisher today, and it is on track to be out well before Christmas.  Here's the promo or sneak peek about the book:
Little Ashel, who has recently lost his father, has a special Christmas wish.  Meeting a cowboy at the local general store is the beginning of a cowboy friendship.  Nestled in the deep south, in the 1930's, a tale of cowboys, horses, and cattle provide the backdrop of  Ashel's Christmas. 

Although the book is fiction, I wrote this children's book in memory of my dad, a real cowboy.  His life story gave me the inspiration to write, Ashel's Christmas.  Special thanks to Tessa Guze, a young, talented illustrator who did the illustrations for my book.  You are amazing, Tessa!  Thanks for bringing my words to life with your illustrations!  Here's a sneak peek of one of the illustrations from the book:

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Karen! I can't wait to buy it! I would love to have you autograph it!

    ReplyDelete